The Eastern Lakes Region Housing Coalition was established as a non-profit corporation in 2005. The Board of Directors is composed of individuals representing community, business, healthcare, manufacturing, real estate, construction, and education entities from the rural towns east of Lake Winnipesaukee. Our purpose is to promote responsible and affordable housing for our local workforce.
Why We Exist:
- Community Master Plans and regional statistics indicate that a growing number of people in our area can’t find affordable places to live.
- While salaries have remained level, the cost of housing has risen dramatically in the past decade.
- A lack of affordable/workforce housing close to jobs and services stifles economic growth,increases traffic problems, creates worker stress, and affects the quality of life in our communities.
- Retail, service, clerical, health care, child care, public safety, and small business workers cannot afford to rent or purchase suitable homes.
- Lack of affordable housing forces many families to pay far more than 30% of their income for housing, or live in overcrowded,substandard conditions.
- Well-kept, reasonably priced housing can provide individuals and families with safe and healthy places to live.
We Serve the Towns of:
- Alton, Brookfield, Effingham, Farmington, Freedom, Middleton, Milton, Moultonborough, New Durham, Ossipee, Sandwich, Tamworth, Tuftonboro, Wakefield and Wolfeboro.